5 Star Reviews
Sayyida Abdus-Salaam, MD5
"That's the warmest doctor's office I've ever visited. We felt welcome there. They made us feel like we were apart of their family not just patients. Such a positive environment. The whole office feels so peaceful and clean. The best customer service. Everybody was kind"
Patients in Germantown ask, “What is the difference between Botox and fillers?”By Dr. Sayyida Abdus-Salaam
What is Botox?
Botox is an injectable protein designed to address facial wrinkles. It works by temporarily relaxing the muscles that cause dynamic wrinkles (the ones that are caused by facial movement). When injected, Botox blocks the nerve signals to these muscles, which causes them to smooth out and minimizes their appearance. While Botox is mainly used as an anti-aging treatment, it can also be used to treat excessive sweating known as hyperhidrosis.
Concerns treated by Botox:
- Frown lines – These wrinkles, usually two lines that look like the number “11” appear between the eyebrows.
- Furrow lines – These wrinkles appear across the forehead.
- Crow’s feet – These wrinkles appear on the side of your eyes.
Schedule Your Appointment Today 901-244-5688
What are dermal fillers?Dermal fillers are group of injectables that literally “fill in” areas of the face that have volume and collagen loss. As we get older, our skin begins to lose its supply of collagen and elastin which keeps the skin supple. Without this support structure, the skin can begin to sag, and lines and wrinkles may form. Fillers contain hyaluronic acid to fill, lift, and smooth problem areas.
Concerns treated by dermal fillers:
- Nasolabial folds – These wrinkles form on the sides of the mouth and can extend upward toward the nose.
- Sunken cheeks – Sunken areas of the cheeks can develop due to aging, fat loss, or genetics.
- Thin lips – Thin lips can be plumped with dermal fillers.
How to choose which treatment
Botox and dermal fillers are both great ways to improve appearance quickly and cost effectively. Choosing which treatment is right for you depends on your primary concerns. If you are upset with the lines and wrinkles that have appeared on the upper half of your face due to motion, you may want to choose Botox. If you are concerned with volume loss and static lines on the lower half of the face, dermal fillers might be the best solution.
It’s important to point out that you can have both Botox and dermal fillers done together. In fact, many patients opt for this ‘liquid’ facelift as a complete anti-aging treatment without having to undergo plastic surgery.
During the consultation process, we will meet with you to discuss your areas of concern and our treatment recommendations. From there we can come up with a plan for getting Botox injections, dermal fillers, or both.
At Memphis Center for Aesthetic Medicine, we want our patients to look as good as they feel. By providing our patients with non-invasive anti-aging treatments such as Botox and dermal fillers, we can help them regain a more youthful appearance. We also offer a wide range of cosmetic dermatology and esthetician services such as chemical peels, microneedling, dermaplaning, and eyebrow shaping.
If you are in Germantown or the surrounding areas and are bothered by lines, wrinkles, or volume loss on the face, it’s time to see what Botox and dermal fillers can do for you. Call us today at 901-244-5688 to schedule an appointment. A younger, fresher looking face can be yours soon.
- Patients in Germantown ask, “What is the difference between Botox and fillers?”
- Why should you visit a cosmetic surgeon in Germantown for a chemical peel?
- Cosmetic Surgeon in 38138 offers range of laser dermatology services
- Three reasons to seek cosmetic surgeon services near Germantown, TN
- Services provided by Germantown area cosmetic surgeon
Back to Home Page